PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Times Attack on Transport Secretary
Old 16th Nov 2021, 12:55
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
The Sunday Times is a shadow of its former self. I still read it for Rod Liddle and Jeremy Clarkson in order to restore my sanity after the tsunami of wokeness we endure. However the continued employment of the odious India Knight means I have to hold my nose while reading it. I won’t say here what she has done but try Googling her and her hubby the less than delightful Eric Joyce. The British establishment at its worst. Grant Shapps is a strange fella. A less than honest cv (again, look it up) will reveal a fantasist and economical with la verite politician. Purportedly a keen general aviator, he holds FAA licences so mind bogglingly does not hold responsibility in terms of qualification of the very body he oversees as minister of transport. As Richard Littlejohn in the Mail would say, you really could not make this up. Among the professional aviator group he is considered a shady character, not to be trusted and post Brexit certainly sold younger pilots down the river but that is another story. Personally a hatchet job on Shapps is to be applauded but I doubt whether there is any journalistic integrity or rigorous research applied. As pilots we read aircraft accident reports in the popular press and they are generally notable for stunning levels of technical inaccuracy so Bernie E is correct in assuming that other areas are equally incorrect. However, if it is open season on Shapps or whatever his name is this week, well I won’t be losing any sleep.