PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intrigued and curious about Pprune quotation policy?
Old 10th Nov 2021, 10:32
Uplinker

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
Hi Jetdriver, Yes, I understand that, and agree with it, but I follow exactly what you say in your last paragraph and personally don't use quote boxes or bold type unless they are strictly necessary for clarity and understanding.

Reading on a tablet or a phone, one can only see a couple of posts at a time, so sometimes a brief quote is useful to bring the thread back to the OP subject, or briefly mention what part of another's post one is replying about. I edit down any quote I use to the minimum, yet I do feel that I am being targeted sometimes, when other posters are allowed to quote very long sections.

I can imagine that hard pressed moderators, having to look after many threads each, can simply rapidly delete all the quote boxes, and - job done, the thread has been tidied up.

But please would all the moderators spare a thought for those of us who take time to think about it and edit things down to be as succinct as possible, only to see our careful editing deleted.

It is extremely aggravating !