PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get covid vaxxed or get out....
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2021, 11:27
SLXOwft

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by MightyGem
I served 1972-97 and had the jab every 10 years, so 3 times for me.
80's I got a ten year certificate with mine.

Following my first TABT jab at BRNC I got violent muscle tremors and spent several hours rattling an iron bed frame. When it came to the second dose it turned out no one had recorded the reaction, however when I mentioned it to the stern senior QARRN she gave me the option to refuse but with the comment I would regret it if I got typhus or para typhoid. That's enough lantern swinging from me ...

Being told vaccine refusal can affect your employability isn't new, as stated in this 2017 pongo document:

ANNEX B TO AFC(H) JIs DATED SEP/OCT 17

What happens if I refuse vaccination?
The vaccination programme is voluntary and you will not be forced to have any vaccines if you
refuse. Vaccines have a strong safety record and are very successful in protecting people from
diseases for which they are given. They are strongly advised to protect you and to help you
remain fit and healthy. Refusing vaccination could have an effect on the roles you are able to do
and the locations you can safely work in during your military career. This in turn can affect your
employability. In the event that you refuse vaccination your clinician will inform your Chain of
Command so that you can be managed in the right way.
(my emphasis)
So, if the rumour is true, DCOM Ops is just reminding those serving of the facts of life. Not deploying personnel who have refused to protect themselves against a potentially debilitating illness, contracting which would reduce their unit's effectiveness, is just ensuring the risks are ALARP. Service is a team sport and, acts perceived as selfish will affect your selection for future fixtures.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond "Troops who refuse COVID vaccines won’t be guaranteed veterans benefits, officials warn"
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...fficials-warn/

We see the vaccine as a readiness issue,” said Gil Cisneros, Defense Department undersecretary for personnel, during testimony before the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee.