PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 2nd Nov 2021, 02:08
tundrapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyfast123... that's good.. I wish EK does not hire externals before taking into consideration their redundant pilots. That would be a shame for EK and for QR as well. Only reason I would say is acceptable for not calling a redundant crew is final warning letter and multiple simulator or line check failures. (let's say more than one failure).
As far as the numbers ... There were 4100 pilots at QR before covid. maybe 4150 if I remember correctly. Nothing less than 4050 for sure and I can dig and find it at the company's old magazine issues. When the reduction started about 1500-1600 got redundant ... that's my number and sorry if I disagree with Winged Lion.
So let's say the number was 2600 in the first quarter of 2021. In May they started rehiring by calling a few people. There is no way according to the numbers described at the previous post above that QR has hired and retrained 800 people from June until now. It is only 5 months. Actually Wing Lions says that QR rehired 800 pilots in 4 months. That's not even possible from the recruitment department to handle such a huge number. Come on let's be realistic... Many of them got from the Airbus a Boeing type rating which mean lengthy process. All of them need at least one and a half month of training regardless fleet change or not. The ones with a fleet change need several months. QR is not capable to train so many pilots from June until end of October ... In five months.. 800 people. It is not possible... Even half of it it is not possible.
Wing Lion if you disagree let's discuss it. I might be wrong. It is a discussion here and not an argument. Thanks

Last edited by tundrapilot; 2nd Nov 2021 at 02:27.