PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUKUS
Thread: AUKUS
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2021, 10:48
rattman

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster Hyman
Well, it’s back in Morrisons court now. Gloves are off so he can clearly release whatever details about how and when the French were advised, or he’s not got anything and then you’ll be right.

Personally, if that was me, I’d detail the timeline of events and go on to list the grievances and failings of the NG Subs.
From the AFR https://www.afr.com/politics/federal...p594xrEmmanuel Macron warned Scott Morrison in June “I don’t like losing” after the Prime Minister informed him over dinner that Australia felt the French submarines were not fit for purpose.

In September, two days before Mr Morrison announced the formation of the AUKUS alliance and was trying to set up a call with the French President to inform him of Australia’s decision to scrap the subs contract, Mr Macron messaged the Prime Minister to ask: “Should I expect good or bad news for our joint submarines ambitions?”

On the day before the announcement, Mr Macron refused to take Mr Morrison’s call which, the federal government believes, was because he knew what it was about.

Sounds a lot like what desperate X's do, if I dont pickup the phone we aren't broken up