PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2021, 11:13
Giuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pearlharbour

mentioning a disaster in my opinion is not really professional and what we need after the last 2 years in aviation.
Anyways, recruiting department is doing all it takes to get as many as possible onboard; the problem is that there are not enough trainers, even with external aid things run unfortunately slower.
No excellence is looked after during screenings imho, simply reliable and professional people with the right attitude. I am ex ME and i saw former colleagues coming here with the wrong attitude, they all failed. Hopefully they will fly again in the desert soon and i wish them best of luck.
Also, if you are a Captain with XXXXX hours and you cannot decode a taf or don't know a bunch of Lido symbols, well, then you have a problem, not only with Wizz Air.
If you have a level 6 on your license but during the interview you speak clearly like a level 4, again, you have a problem.
There is a false myth going on here; Wizz recruitment is not for astronauts, it is simply for well prepared pilots. If anybody come to Budapest thinking its a walk in the park simply because they arrive from a super legacy, here you have a surprise, and i saw it myself during my screening back in summer.
Things will improve, they have to, next year will be a test for all airlines. I am sure Wizz Air will continue to suck as many pilots as possible in the next months, both rated and NTR.
About reputation, we may have a crap reputation, but still i see candidates from Airlines with a "better reputation" at the screening sessions in Budapest, sweating for an interview.
Lesson one, never spit in the air, because it will come back to you.
Wizz is the only carrier actively looking for pilots, both experienced and cadet level. The others are still in survival mode. Take it as it is, a job opportunity in a dark moment. No ego allowed.
Training is well structured and aircrafts have a clean techlog most of the times.

Best of luck to all those who will give it a try.

Last edited by Giuff; 31st Oct 2021 at 15:12.