PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat New Zealand prospects
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2021, 17:24
DingdongClunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kiwipilot1
Haven’t the US Pilots received massive pay increases in the last few years? Also don’t you have guaranteed flow through to the majors which arguably have the best pilot contracts in the world? These two things would be a massive reason to stay where you are and wait for your number to come up for flow through. Why you’d want to come to NZ is beyond me.

If you come to NZ there is one major player, progression is dead in the water and there is certainly no flow through to long haul jet jobs based on seniority. Your best bet is wait until Qantas mainline opens their books, you’ll have an ok lifestyle there.

Also at the moment we have the most divisive controlling government this country has ever seen.

Mate I’ll swap you passports, you can have mine and I’ll take your US citizenship off you in return.
The airline prospects are better in the states for sure, and better in the states than about anywhere other than maybe China. I’m just absolutely sick of the **** show that is US government and society.

Sure your lockdowns probably suck, but as I understand it, things we’re actually pretty normal there between the first set of lockdowns, and the current one. Whereas here we were forced masked and restricted for many months, and some places are STILL forced masking. And people there seem to be largely rowing in the same direction. You’re approaching 90% of the eligible population with their first vaccine dose and I could be wrong but im fairly confident once most are vaccinated things will return to normal rapidly. In the states you have 30% of the population who think the vaccine is a new world order plot, or Bill Gates shoving trackers up their asses.

You also don’t have criminal lunatics getting “elected” thru an insane and archaic electoral college system despite the other candidate getting almost three million more votes.

lunatics also don’t walk into schools and gun down children every other week, you had one shooting, what? Three years ago? And the government cracked down on availability of murder tools. I get that it’s easy to fall for the grass is greener syndrome, but the US is in decline, it’s getting scary. We came really close to having a dictatorship on Jan 6th.