PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 28th Oct 2021, 00:13
neville_nobody

Received 138 Likes on 63 Posts
The question is of the 40 weeks a year that are not school holidays who is going to fly on those routes? You are really looking at the 60+ market. The problem there is they have money to spend and are not necessarily interested in putting up with the all the LCC antics or driving for hours to get to the airport. I just don't see enough passengers available to make it viable all year round. This is where Europe and the USA are different. There is a significant market flying to Las Vegas and Florida in the winter, or the Mediterranean/Canary Islands/Middle East that make it work.
If it was my money I would be looking at doing exactly what the airlines he referenced did and run school holiday period RPT then run the rest of the year as a Charter operator as there isn't a 180+ seat charter operator in Australia. I imagine there would be enough football/mining/military work to make it viable the rest of the year.

Last edited by neville_nobody; 28th Oct 2021 at 00:48.