PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong to Further Tighten Quarantine Requirements.
Old 26th Oct 2021, 11:43
carolknows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mean I get it. But I don't.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202110/1236459.shtml

According to China's state media's narrative,
"The new logistics centers are aimed at boosting the intermediary trade in Hong Kong and strengthening Hong Kong' status as the international aviation hub of the GBA."

Also,

"Chan also said that the Airport Authority of Hong Kong (AA) is actively developing a multi-modal cargo transport service to enable seamless transfer of mainland exports through the HKIA to other parts of the world.

According to Chan, the AA is planning to set up a "Hong Kong International Airport Logistics Park" in Dongguan, where mainland exports can complete customs clearance, security checks and other procedures and be transported by sea to the cargo terminal in the restricted area of the HKIA for direct transshipment to the rest of the world. Dongguan is about 100 kilometers away from the Hong Kong airport.

Air cargo imports for the Chinese mainland can access the same channel for fast custom clearance."

That's what I don't get. Mainland would love to HKG as aviation hub to access goods in and out of China and the world. Why such insistence on covid zero unless it's the confidence in their current vaccines. Huh?