PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2021, 06:27
43Inches

Received 404 Likes on 222 Posts
I don't hold much weight to arguments like 'the libs had no policy' such widespread swings shows the whole state rejected everything liberal en-masse as a point. The swing completely obliterated any local members efforts to bring a constituency around to their points. Even if the libs had no policy some local members would have had some line and worked hard, or were all 53 members who were rejected just terrible. A government of 53 out of 59 seats is not formed just by one man alone, there's 52 others who were voted into parliament for their local area. Or are we that ignorant to how democracy works in Australia. Governments that are voted in on the whim of 'better the devil you know' don't get huge majorities. One thing I see in the rhetoric of Labor is strong patriotism in state matters, which obviously correlates with the voters. He stands up for WAs rights in the face of those nasty Easterners, hence why I say (with some joking and some seriousness) to be prepared for a WAXIT referendum back on the agenda if they continue with this popularity, if not only to wrangle more tax dollars back in WAs favor.