PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2021, 03:55
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
No Chad.. you know very little actually. I like Clare, get sick of people that seem to want us overrun we Covid because they don’t like our Premier. Please don’t assume things.
"Overrun with Covid"...Puh-lease. You're more melodramatic than Anna-Stayaway and her "thousands will die each month if we open the border" rubbish.

YOUR CHO - not NSW's, not Qld's, and not whoever is advising ScoMo - testified under oath that the WA health system is capable of managing 500 new cases per day or 5,000 total cases.

IF that is true, then on what grounds does WA continue to exclude 2/3rds of the country from the state based on nothing more than the state in which they live? To the untrained eye, that's against s.117 of the Constitution. If it were based on a defined risk, I'd have no problem with it, nor any leg on which to stand. However, I didn't stand up in court and say "We can manage 5,000 cases". Dr Andy Robertson did.
Originally Posted by The Clive Palmer Trial
Dr Robertson estimates that for 100 new cases per day (or 1,000 active cases), 130 hospital beds and 25 ICU beds would be required, and 14 deaths expected; while for 500 new cases per day (or 5,000 active cases), 650 hospital beds and 124 ICU beds would be required, and 70 deaths expected. These numbers would remain within the capacity of the Western Australian health system to manage, but would substantially increase the burden upon the health system.
So, if the WA health system can manage with upto 500 new cases per day, is it really fair or just to deny 2/3rds of the population entry to Western Australia based on nothing more than their state of residence?

Unless there's something more at play...