PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2021, 12:23
De_flieger

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Derfred
Actually, I believe the “whether right or wrong” is the entire point of this thread.

I’m vaccinated, and I encourage all to do the same.

But I reject the right of my employer to mandate it, and I suggest a well-fought human rights case may support that at some time in the future.
It’s definitely an interesting question to consider, what you’re saying. Currently the courts up to the Supreme Court in NSW have ruled that under the present circumstances, some - not all, but some - employers can make vaccination a condition of employment. QF and healthcare being some examples of those employers. They also make the point that, from the legal perspective, no-one is being forced to vaccinate, they aren’t being grabbed and held down and jabbed; any individual is free to tender their resignation and walk away unvaccinated. Whether they choose to do that is a choice they make. I think the courts see it as similar to having a driving licence; you don’t have to have one, unless you voluntarily want to carry out some activity, driving in this case, and it’s not an infringement on a right as there are other ways to get around - walk, Uber, taxi, bicycle and so on.