PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2021, 19:24
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It still may be possible to get this thread back on track, despite the numerous diversions.

I, as a QF pilot, along with most of my colleagues, got fully vaccinated as soon as I was eligible.

Why?

Because doing so:
- significantly reduced my risk of serious disease in the event of contracting COVID;
- significantly reduced my risk of losing my aviation medical certificate in the event of contracting COVID;
- significantly reduced my risk of passing COVID on to my wife and extended family; and
- as patriotic Aussie battler, I felt it was simply the right thing to do as a community-minded citizen.

I didn’t do it because it helped in any way with my job. It probably should have, but it didn’t.

I have put up with all the same absurd isolations, forms, tests, and inconsistent inconveniences as would have an unvaccinated pilot who happened to cross state borders as part of their day job.

But, the day that AJ declared that vaccination was mandatory, I looked for every loophole possible to NOT tell him that I was vaccinated, even though I was. Why? Because **** him.

Now, I’ve breathed fire at anti-vaxers on this forum in recent times, and I still stand by every word.

But, there is a big difference between encouraging vaccination and mandating vaccination.

Particularly when it appears that 90+ percent of the population are going for it voluntarily anyway.

Should you get vaccinated? Hell yes. You’d be a fool not to. In my opinion.

Should AJ, or indeed the State or Federal Government mandate it?

No. That is a step too far over the line.

This thread is not about the pros and cons of vaccinations - this thread is about MANDATORY vaccinations.

Now, I’m not going to put my job on the line to fight the principle, but there is certainly a fight there ready to be fought, perhaps by a learned and principled lawyer, such as someone like Jennifer Robinson.

Now, someone like Jennifer is not going to support someone like Hoody.

That’s why I felt like I had to spend the first half of my post putting my stance on vaccination prior to putting my stance on mandates. It feels wrong that I felt that I needed to, but so be it.

Last edited by Derfred; 17th Oct 2021 at 19:38.