PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUKUS
Thread: AUKUS
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2021, 14:39
WE Branch Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I am not Australian, but Australia is an important contributor to World security and stability, including at sea. Before bowing out, I will make a few final points.

1. Satellites may be difficult to target, particularly small ones, but the ground segment is not.

2. Submarines are primarily about sea denial (stoppings others from using the sea for commerce, resupply, or for offensive action), the carrier and surface forces in general exist for sea control. If you are prepared to hand over control of the seas, then you might as well join the Communist Communist Party. It really is that blunt.

3. We hear a lot about the DF-21, but China still feels the need to build things like carriers and amphibious vessels, despite the fact that the United States has similar technologies. Could it be that Chinese and Russian anti Western (values - not geography or race) propaganda includes things such as relentless attacks against the reputation of of systems and capabilities, which representing their own as 100% reliable and undefeatable?

4. I suspect a lot of what this article says also applies to China and the Indo-Pacific: IT’S TIME TO TALK ABOUT A2/AD: RETHINKING THE RUSSIAN MILITARY CHALLENGE

Last edited by WE Branch Fanatic; 17th Oct 2021 at 15:45.