PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 12th Oct 2021, 12:18
Lazydogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You generalised and said existing Ryanair guys have never been anywhere else. I called you out because you were wrong. (If you have since deleted that part then fair enough,but you wont fool an old codger like me- I remember reading it)
You said many Ryanair pilots fail elsewhere at assessments. I called you out because you were wrong.
During the massive expansion at Norwegian between 2012 -2016 Ryanair FOs were exempt from sim check. But all others were not. Thats not saying candidates from other airlines were any worse or any better. But thats what Norwegian chose to do. Do you think they did that for fun ? Not one Ryanair candidate ever failed an OCC at Norwegian when quite a few others did. Was that just pot luck? I havent disputed any of the entry level Ts and Cs for cadets with you- So I am not sure who you are trying to convince.
You say “more or less” the cadets will be dropped after training contract finishes.
That wont happen if they reach the standard required to go out on the line. The cadets I have trained the last few months have been high standard. They mostly came from L3, CAE, AFA, and a few modular. IMHO and based on my experience over the last number of years I envisage that they will all pass and be kept on. I dont know one that wont. And to add to that, there will be a number of the UK/Irish guys out of that group joining since the summer that end up in TUI before the end of 2022. Thats the constant pattern I have seen first hand since 2011-12. But… you seem to be better informed than me….
Do yourself a favour and stick with the Clown suit.

Last edited by Lazydogg; 12th Oct 2021 at 12:46.