PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW BA lite
Thread: LGW BA lite
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2021, 16:49
skaterboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAreject, as a fully paid up member of the PRP, I share your anger and frustration and I’m as pissed off about the whole situation now as I was a year ago.

That said, your anger towards all our former BA pilot colleagues is misplaced. With such a large group of people, you can’t generalise and say all of them didn’t care, the fact is the vast majority did and the selfish behaviour you’ve cited was in a small minority. I don’t agree with it either but it’s a fact of life that some people will just look out for themselves. Plenty of pilots wanted to make the CR numbers zero and would have done almost anything to achieve that.

The fact is, the BACCs hands were tied and BA wanted to make a point to all departments that no one was safe and so, a few of us pilots lost our jobs. It was politics, plain and simple and a possible fallout of the 2019 strikes. The various mechanisms BA used in order to make some CR happen doesn’t matter now, it was always inevitable once the management has decided as such.

You also can’t moan about the CRS being on 66% pay and getting cargo jobs. The CRS was funded from the existing pilot’s pay and is nothing to do with us in the PRP or BA for that matter. I will concede the 787/350 pilot thing was a real kick in the balls but again BA decided to save them, not the BACC at the expense of people further up the MSL.

FWIW, I think the LGW newco thing is both good and bad. It’s gets people out of the CRS and PRP in the short term but may well erode T&Cs in the long term. You may or may not agree with that, but don’t tar all our former pilot colleagues with the same callous brush because it’s not true.