PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to lay out roadmap for restart of international flights
Old 9th Oct 2021, 09:00
dr dre

Received 348 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtraShot

You seem to have an unhealthy hatred of the West… I dislike McGowan with a passion, but wishing for a base closure and the resulting upheaval for hundreds of Staff seems a little cruel.

Not to mention the stupidity of bypassing a market of 2 million plus potential passengers of which 170000 are UK expats… yeah that’d be a brilliant strategy.
Despite KRaviator’s desires the QF PER 787 base isn’t closing, this was communicated to staff, the plan is to restart PER-LHR in April, and thats because of the actually over 200,000 UK expats in Perth (more total than Sydney or Melbourne) and being QF’s most profitable international route pre pandemic. They probably want more services on the route.

The NT is currently in last place in the projected 80% date by almost 4 weeks, and I don’t think pax will be allowed to disembark and roam around the NT on a layover until well after that date.

And WA seems to acknowledge a reopening is coming, the Health minister this week indicated a reopening date (I assume to NSW and Vic) would be “later this year”, not mid 2022 as some had suggested