Thread: Radio Q
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2021, 01:54
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by JustARando137
Hey everyone,

I come baring a very very very bizarre question;

I was just wondering if anyone had access to the Radio Q theme tune? For those perhaps unfamiliar with it, it was part of Qantas’ inflight entertainment system (at least back in 2015 when I flew on both the A380 and A330), but has since ceased to exist.

Normally between songs, it played randomly; much like how normal ‘on the ground’ radio stations have their own tune that plays between advertisements and songs.

I understand it’s a strange thing to ask for, but it brings great nostalgia even thinking about it.
Not bizarre at all, I remember travelling a lot on QF in the 90s especially and they used to have a similar scene playing on video and I believe the soundtrack was an instrumental version one of a well known Australian band's songs but I could never quite put my finger on what it was......

A similar story was I really liked the music that Channel 7 used to use for the Golf ("the legend continues was the voice over") in the 90s. It took me nearly 30 years to find it, it was a kind of a march but anyone who ever watched the golf back then would recognise it. It wasn't until 'SoundHound' (app) came along that I was able to play enough snippets of old golf footage on YouTube and discover it was called "Send them Victorious" by an obscure British composer.

Perhaps a YouTube search to find a sample of it then use something like SoundHound to try and find it????