PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2021, 10:51
WoopWoopPushDown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by idloveit
interesting.. thank you for this info.

when you talk about cohorts, was this for the TATC’s who actually began their training before COVID interrupted them, or perhaps the individuals (myself included) of whom were weeks away from starting CTC training but never had the chance to begin.

I understand there will be priority list if you like with those who began training and still want to resume, but it will be interesting to know just how many trainees are in this boat and whether those waiting just behind them ‘in the queue’ would be invited to start next year too.

Either way, it sounds like NATS are now finally gearing up for some sort of movement and activity which can only be seen as encouraging news.
Cohorts were for those already at NATS - Cohort 1 are the advanced students, Cohort 2 the foundation and 3 is mine - basic. They were saying at one point you'd not have to start from scratch, just the last milestone - so hopefully 1 and 2 move through quickly and they can look at getting more trainees going.

I can't imagine all 122 are going to return - some have gone to EuroControl, some have got completely new careers. I wonder if cohort 3 will end up getting filled by a mixture of my old course and yourselves - where people don't return. Either way, it's going in the right direction.