PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airplane With The Nicest Handling
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2021, 19:58
Sidestick_n_Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Chipmunk seems to be everyone's favourite - I can only concur. If only it had a bit more power...

Cessna Caravan handles excellently - I'm surprised it hasn;t been mentioned yet. I haven't flown her much, but seemed to be the most hamronized airplane ever. The control forces and control response are just right - not too high, not to low - perfectly balanced. Easier to fly than C-152

My all time favourite - Extra 330 SC - a hard riding Wh@re (to quote the late 'Duke Elegant'), she'll obediently do whatever you can imagine and then some stuff you can't...

Airliners:
- I'm surprised A330 got so many mentions - very docile and absolute pleasure to land, but at the same time awfully sluggish on the controls, esp. in roll
- A320 is fun to fly, except in gusty crosswinds. There are plenty of YouTube videos to prove it.
- 787 handles very nicely, tough in my opinion it neither flies like an FBW airplane, nor like a normal one. Haven't flown any other Boeings, so can't compare

Helicopters:
- Hughes 300 is beautifully responsive and handles like a dream. However due to small and light rotor it's not as good in autorotation
- Bell 47 is completely opposite. Handles like a slug, but awesome in autos

Havent had a chance to fly fighter jets - only F16 simulator. It handled surprisingly similar to the A320...

Last edited by Sidestick_n_Rudder; 1st Oct 2021 at 20:19.