PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we losing interest ? What's happening ?
Old 30th Sep 2021, 00:14
finestkind

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
It represents the fortune made by people on 6 figure salaries who've taken decades to produce the pile of regulatory dross.
And also the ignorant that do not nor wish to know better. A bit of a sideslip on the post and I may have already told this story . Whilst undergoing my SCPL, some years, ago the chap running the show had numerous interesting stories about our governing bodies. One of these was whilst training a chap who happened to be a Barrister ( with obviously too many spare neurons) and going through CAO, CAA and the ABC’s said Barrister made the comment “I can hardly decipher this sh*T. Tell you what I’ll translate it into normal speak”. Did so with the renewed easy to read work passed onto the CAA (?) whom stated “looks good but will have to pass to our legal dept to check”. Did so and as you can guess came back even more Martian.

Why is it that bureaucracy appears to function primarily on the obfuscation of details. Now you may say that is to make their six figure salaries relevant and give them a feeling of importance.Unfortunately given that most of these people, in a position of power, that adjudicate these things have no idea, in this case aviation, of which way is up.