PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2021, 15:11
HelmutKohl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomless
Hi GoatriderClassic,

I am not sure of this but, i have the idea that PBN license endorsement is related to the type where you had the proficiency check that included RNP Approaches exercises.
Once you change type, you loose the privilege to operate RNP Approaches, CAA will not endorse PBN on your new type rating license, unless you practice RNP APP again during the new type rating.
Did you fly a different type on previous company? If its the same type, did you practice RNP during the OCC simulators for the new company?
Again, this is just my guess, my advice is to check with your training dep or CAA.
Nevertheless, i understood according to the Kura website, its a "desirable" requirement and a new type rating in NJE or elsewhere, they can easily add some RNP APP on your simulators profiles and tick it in the box, i wouldn't worry to much about it.
The way I understand it is that the PBN endorsement is related to the IR validity, and therefore should not either differ between types neither require any sort of "update" to remain current besides what is required PC wise to keep the IR current.
Also at least my CAA does not issue any specific certificate or endorsement, they just keep a form on file from the examiner. So I donīt have any good "proof", besides the fact that a valid IR issued after 25 August 2020 includes a completion of PBN certification, otherwise the IR will not be issued.
So if holding a valid IR that in itself should solve the problem.

I do however have a issued certificate for completion of training in RNP-AR approaches, which is necessary for conducting these. However that might not be valid unless completed in the company with the RNP-AR approval, as they are AOC based. I donīt know how that works really..

Long story short: I did not submit anything besides my valid IR/Rating in the field for PBN, and if Kura ask me about it I will provide the answer above.
However, I assume I could email my CAA and ask them for a copy of the certification they probably have on file, and then send them that one.