PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2021, 23:30
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
And, right now, as we speak, WA is hosting a huge Covid free, mask free, restriction free Grand Final.
And the only reason WA managed to get the GF for the first time since Federation? A global pandemic - it certainly didn't get it on its' merits!
Originally Posted by SOPS
If you think after this, there will be any pressure to open the border, think again. No one here wants Gladbags .. we have to live with it and people will die.. it may not last here.. but at the moment life is good. We will keep Mark, you can have Gladys.
Never would I have thought I would see such division between the states in my lifetime. Many of use here, including me, spent many years in the Defence Force serving Australia, not NSW or Qld, yet here we are, the nations largest state, telling the nation's most populous states "Phuck youse lot, we're doing great here and don't give a shyte about what's happening anywhere else, so long as we've got our mining royalties and our Grand Final."

Our forefathers would be turning in their graves seeing what has become of the nation they built, and in many cases died, protecting....