PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Imposes NO Fly Zone over Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 12:33
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The people in the building industry do network and do share stories on what politicians, rich business people, famous people, and senior public servants are building in their back yards. I wouldn't be surprised if many senior Victorian public servants, who have not suffered any financial stress in the last 18 months, have been renovating their homes during the downtime.

To add to the hypocrisy, I also find it odd that with barbers and hairdressers closed, the very same people who mandated this have been looking well groomed throughout all the lockdowns when I'm currently looking like the wild man from Borneo.

So why punish the whole building industry with a two week shutdown? It doesn't make any sense when the majority of them have been playing straight. It's seem very dictatorial and ill-advised, just like the very stupid decisions early on by the Victorian government with hotel quarantine. It seems you can't change stupid, and these senior Victorian public servants seem to be the worst of the lot and we can't get rid of them.

Originally Posted by Icarus2001
What have we become?
Best post.