PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 11:40
Ollie Onion

Received 207 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by skygeek
You are confusing responsibilities with obeying to questionable medical diktat without any real long-term supporting safety data. That's not responsibility, that's irresponsibility. I do truly prey it works out for you and for others who are in the same camp, but don't call it being responsible and call it for what it is - "gambling with your life to please the bosses so that the paycheck doesn't stop".
where you are wrong is that I had the vaccine long before the Qantas mandate, why…… because all the research and trials show the vaccines to be safe and effective. You may feel differently about that as no doubt you have ‘done your own research’ but at the end of the day rights are freedoms we have that are protected by our laws, while responsibilities are duties or things that we should do, In order to be good citizens. The majority know that our exit from this pandemic relies on a reasonable level of vaccine uptake and we understand that this is collective effort of those that are good citizens.

As I have stated time and time again, it is your choice to not partake in this collective effort but don’t get worked up at some of your freedoms being taken away, if you don’t contribute to the solution you shouldn’t get the full benefits of freedoms the rest of us gain back. I know that it is highly unlikely that I will die from COVID even if I get it but I also know me being vaccinated helps ensure those who can’t be vaccinated will have the best possible chance of not getting Covid whilst also helping to ensure our health system retains capacity to deal with other issues. The latest reports in the British Medicinal Journal show that of the 50,000 ish deaths in the first half of this year only 0.5% were people who were FULLY vaccinated, to me this is very positive as the majority of deaths will come from the unvaccinated which solves two problems at once, removes antivaxxers from society and lifts the overall vaccine rate :-). Good luck.