PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUKUS
Thread: AUKUS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 23:07
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
recceguy

You dodged my snippet earlier and surely you know this as it was passed to me by ex-French Rafael and Mirage pilots. Former French fighter pilots have accepted consultancy contracts in the Peoples Republic of China to teach PLA pilots Western tactics.

Now I was of the understanding this was not just targeting Taiwanese Mirage operations, it extended to NATO. If it was just Taiwan, what duplicity and betrayal, as you have an active exchange program with the Taiwanese (recently at least).

What of your ex-submariners? The PLAN has all the leaked info they want on Indian submarines what of any other unofficial French assistance.

To be honest, your anger is misplaced and comparing it to wage contracts in the Middle East simple. Australia always had options to leave the program if not satisfied. For years now, commentary has been critical of the program and to go from 50 billion to 90 billion was never sustainable, especially with commercial offsets starting to look shady and not guaranteed.

British and American personnel have fought side by side with Australians. Even on our own soil. I'm sorry you are offended, but for most Australians, this new security pact is far more comforting than any Great White Hope in the form of French naval technology.

Can I just add the Australian submarine base is near Perth, Western Australia. Adelaide, South Australia is where they are to be built. Darwin is not a submarine base despite some saying it should be (a number of researchable issues)

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 22nd Sep 2021 at 23:32.