PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Imposes NO Fly Zone over Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 09:12
Colonel_Klink

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
There is probably a couple of reasons for it:
- Protestors using media footage to coordinate their marches in order to prevent police intervention
- The police had multiple air wing assets flying above the protests - in a very confined area the pilots probably have more important things to do than be constantly on the look out for media aircraft
- My understanding is that the police now use drone technology - could this be another possible reason to ensure their is no conflict with their drones and light aircraft?

The police aren’t ‘hiding’ anything. All you have to do is look at the multitudes of live stream footage being shown on Facebook. Despite protestors…sorry “journalists”…shoving an iPhone in front of police and filming away, I have seen no police officer try to stop that.

The police have done a very good job to date in my opinion.

And no matter where you sit on lockdowns, Dan Andrews, vaccines, etc - the one thing that all Australians can’t stand is politicising our military, the ANZACs, or those that have died in service to our country. That protest at the Shrine was nothing short of a disgrace and should be called out as such.