PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we losing interest ? What's happening ?
Old 19th Sep 2021, 02:24
Grumpy retiree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mcoates
Greetings, as a regular visitor to this forum over many, many years I am noticing a real decline in what is available for me to read.

Every morning without hesitation, I log online and look at a couple of forums that I have an interest in and try to keep up-to-date with all things aviation.

Is it just me or is there a real decline in the people using these forums and therefore the amount of information we are sharing ?

To me, it looks like everybody is just losing interest, have got too old and are not flying or they have changed to other interests and hobbies.

Hopefully I am wrong and it is just a "slow period" in the life of the forum but what do others think ? Should I be looking at other avenues to feed my obsessions.
Your observation is almost certainly correct.
Once upon a time you could be reasonably confident that your interlocutor was , in fact , an aviator , or at least had some connection with the industry. Some highly competent and well informed individuals have contributed over the years. Tdracer comes to mind.
Now the site is a forum for know-nothings , wannabes and people with a generalised grievance towards life the universe and everything.
The thread on “QF mandates Vaccine “ comes to mind.
This is no longer a Professional Pilot forum in any meaningful sense.