PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Graduates... no jobs?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2021, 05:37
lucille

Received 115 Likes on 60 Posts
CPL+200 hours = CentreLink queue.

CPL+200 hours+lucky break = First Job.

Present job plus lucky break = Next job.

So what’s a “lucky break”?

In my case, never giving up the dream as I moved from one GA job to the next and then finally leaving Australia for 30 years as an expat.

But here’s a suggestion Petra, take up gliding - you’ll be able to keep your hand in with very cheap and satisfying flying, meet all kinds of people who may be in a position to advise/help you in the future and maybe as a bonus even score a bit of tow time.

All the while trying to reach out to future employers everywhere in Australia. Persistence, gentle good humoured persistence will eventually pay off. Eventually, the bottom of the pilot supply barrel will bottom out and you’ll get your lucky break as I and numerous others did. You’re not Robinson Crusoe. Just as you are now, we were all once the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Good Luck.

Nil bastardum carborundum.

( I’ve just received advice via a PM from a renowned Latin scholar and Ppruner…apparently the grammatically correct version is…. “Na illegitimus non Carborundum”)….. but to a redneck like me, “ bastardum” has more poetic ring to it.

ps.. never listen to career advice from flying schools or flying instructors… they have zero interest in your success. Your flying instructor’s single aim in life is building up his/her logbook hours, tootling aimlessly around the pattern and having you pay for it. This is his his/her idea of nirvana.

Last edited by lucille; 18th Sep 2021 at 12:21.