PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who knew the RAF were on Omaha Beach on D-Day?!
Old 14th Sep 2021, 04:58
prescription7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Agatha
Gessoo

I passed on the information you posted about ex-Flt Sgt Muir Adair RCAF to the Association of RAF Fighter Control Officers.

If you are in contact with ex-Flt Sgt Muir Adair's family would it be possible to ask if they have any photos of him during the War that they'd be prepared to share with the Association?

Scanned copies of the photos would be very much appreciated to add to our archives and the papers that we have written on the subject to try and ensure that we never forget.

Many thanks

Agatha
Hello Agatha,

I came across this web forum while doing some research about my Grandpa, F.M. Adair. My name is Ian Dawson and I am his grandson that Gessoo wrote about earlier in the thread (How did you know that Gessoo?). I also corresponded with Dr. Dobinson leading up to the unveiling of the BDS 21/GCI 15082 memorial in Vierville sur-Mer and afterwards up until his death. I attended that ceremony on June 6, 2012 along with other members of my family as my Grandpa chose not to attend, instead staying with my Grandma who, at the time, was too ill to participate in such a long flight from Vancouver, BC.

I see that you have requested pictures of my Grandpa. For which association are you with? I'm sure our family would love to provide you with anything that we have.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Ian Dawson