PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bamboo Airways T&C
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2021, 01:36
Lucifer786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ia1166
no chance of leaving physically or contractually.??????????????

seriously fake news going on here. I can fly back to the UK anytime I like. And its cheap too. Many guys I know have taken 3 or 4 months unpaid to go home for a while. Its easy as. Qatar fly nearly everywhere.

The only pilots who might be restricted in leaving are Aus and NZ due to their own country restrictions. Not Vietnam.

To be fair to Bamboo, Vietnam in Apr21 and Jul 21 and now Sep21 is a totally different environment for aviation. If you signed a contract that stated you would not get paid until completion of line training and went to a country without a high vaccination rate in the middle of a global pandemic then you must have appreciated there is some risk involved. Bamboo do not even have a Sim in Vietnam. There are no flights at present, no training facilities are open. There is no training going on at all and a lot of pilots are not working.

I am hopeful for the future, now Jan 22 we have been told. In the meantime we are all sitting at home. The basic is low for everyone.

Take it or leave it. Go home or stay. Your choice. Its the same for everyone, local or expat. Why would new joiners be paid anything?
Quite frankly I don’t know of a single pilot who has been free to leave from and return to VN without the overbearing restrictions of extensive quarantines and multiple invasive PCNR checks. Notwithstanding the fact that VN has been in the red list since last 6 months and only recently moved to amber temporarily.
So if you know someone who’s moving across international borders then it’s great. I don’t.
And how do you suppose one jumps a contract and bond after signing and accepting it.
My point was that the odds were stacking up against leaving the country and or the company due to unfair labor practicing. And now they were dangerously high.
10.5K USD PM is approx 60% pre covid levels I believe.
Just clarifications that’s all.
Now off to my pinacolada … 🍹