PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My US regional now wants pilots from overseas.
Old 13th Sep 2021, 13:52
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer

Also I still can’t see even a single record online (where it actually shows E3 Visas and who has sponsored it) of a single person who has flowed to AA or the any major on an E3, basically you won’t be flowing over if you are on the E3 Visa regardless of what you are told by any pilot on here. They are not and have not ever been in the business of sponsoring temporary workers as pilots at any major airline there.
If you have dual citizenship or a greencard that’s a different story.
I think this is also untested, as there are no Australians at any AA wholly owned regionals who have enough seniority to flow, yet. I think you'd have rocks in your head if you are planning your life around flowing to AA on an E3, but the is no proof either way.

Having said that, odds are kind of on your side for finding your way into a green card before your flow number comes up, even more so if you are single.

The USA might have its problems but it is undoubetedly the bst place in the world to be a pilot. With early retirements that just went out at all the legacies and an entire year of no one taking flying lessons, the shortage will be back in full swing at every level very soon.