PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment. Heads will roll!
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2021, 05:03
BATCO

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Whenurhappy
One question I have - if the RAF Regiment had deployed, would it have been able to immediately call on all the Combat Service Support that 16 AA has assigned to them? Medics, Logs, Int, Eng etc? There was a very short fuse of this Op and to spend a few days putting together a force package around the RAF Regt would have been very wasteful of time. Ultimately it would have been a COMJFC call, and why not use the VHR force that is on readiness?
Wuh
I don't think the argument is that the RAF Regt could have produced all that 16AA did in terms of numbers and capability. The point was that certain tasks should have been allocated to RAF Regt units (many of which are also VHR). That said, later posters have put up evidence that that was the case.

So, the letter to OC 1 Sqn might not be entirely accurate re PITTING (albeit force allocations to other current and recent ops seem to have added as much to frustrations on 1 Sqn). I suppose a potential, and future equivalent more for the aviators here, might be if CHF Merlins were to be continually overlooked in favour of Chinooks on QE/PoW Op deployments.

Batco

Last edited by BATCO; 9th Sep 2021 at 07:44.