PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2021, 11:11
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
Yes but the local copper asking to see my phone can’t get the metadata by looking at it.
If someone stopped me when I was acting within the law, demanding to see my phone, I would be asking first "do you suspect me of committing crime", second "if so, what exactly is your probable cause" and if neither of those apply "where is your search warrant".

AND, NO. I haven't been watching too many US TV shows, I live in the only State with something approximating a Bill of Rights which spells out precisely how and under what circumstances Police can stop you.

Happily, my experiences with the State Police have been that of professionalism on the part of their officers at all times (the Police Force I refer to, yes located in Australia, is consistently rated one of the most respected in the world by it's citizens). I've never had a reason to stand my ground so to speak. But I don't believe genuine concern that a crime MAY have been committed should be allowed to lazily go unchecked via exaggeration of their powers as law enforcers either.