PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building/next step advice
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2021, 11:59
Evewidow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hours building/next step advice

Hi all.

I have had a read of the pinned threads but some of what i need to know i cant find or is quite old info so hoping for some help.

We are in the UK and my son wants to be a commercial pilot and has now started doing his PPL but still has a bit of time to go before he is old enough to get the license. As i understand it once he gets his PPL he wouldn't be able to get a commercial license until he was 21. So hoping you can help me with a few questions.

1) Is hours building now the best use of his time ( apart from working and saving up lots) while he waits to be old enough to commence the next stage ?

2) Is it worth him doing any of the other exams as soon as he has the PPL or is this better awaiting until he moves further along the process?

3) He wants to go out to the states when he is 18 at the end of his a levels for a break and was hoping to also do some hours building there. I am reading conflicting things about his ppl obtained in the uk allowing him to do this. Could someone please advise what he will need to have in order to get himself some hours there. He was looking at both Florida and Arizona.

Sorry if these are basic questions , ive been reading and reading but still unsure and appreciate the replies