PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2021, 03:44
Ollie Onion

Received 207 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Anti Skid On
Daily Mail; sorry not buying that, not a reliable source.

100% is 100%; we will never get that, as under 12's aren't eligible (yet),plus there will always be those who can't or won't have the jab (I've had both). The plan was recently released by the government and developed by Professor David Skegg..

If you cannot accept we are in a better situation than other countries, then I'll respect your view, but disagree with you. I personally do not wish to see this in NZ.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pitals-morgues

so what you are saying is you don’t accept any information that conflicts with yours as a ‘reliable’ source. I will ask you once again, what is you plan, if we get say 80% vaccination, is your solution we keep the borders closed and using lockdowns as we are to keep covid out forever........

I can’t see that we are better off, we are stuck in a level 4 lockdown when the rest of the world is moving on. My mates in the UK are back to flying full time, are taking holidays in Europe and the USA and their kids are back at school, they know that they won’t be locking down again so the certainty they have is much better than ours. Skaggs also said in his report it is unrealistic to think we can keep Covid out and at some point elimination will be a failed strategy, I am asking you what is your plan to prepare for this.

by the way, you realise those States that are asking for extra morgue space are having to do so because the vaccine uptake is so bad and the unvaccinated are getting very sick.