PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2021, 02:11
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by layman
ACT 70+ year olds now at 99.45% having had their first dose ... and still going higher each day.

Supply (of an ‘acceptable’ vaccine) & our ability to deliver, would seem to be the main constraints.

Obviously not the whole story, but vaccine hesitancy may be more a very small (but noisy) minority than a real issue
Yes! I'll try and explain it for the benefit of our own city people. I'm double dosed AZ, the second dose was only a week ago and done the moment I was eligible. I'm based near a major community centre of about 20,000 people. Less than half of those in that centre are vaccinated, not because they don't want to be but mostly because in truth they are fence sitters, there isn't a need right now, there's no covid in the community. Now this part is the serious bit. Anyone outside of 100Km's of those centres only comes to town about once a month. Up to now they either haven't been eligible or there wasn't any or anywhere you could get it. These are by far the greater majority of the region.
Would it be fair to say that we can expect the virus to arrive in those areas around the end of the year, regardless of the borders, is that a fair call?? If that happens at harvest, it will be catastrophic for the nation and the Industry. NO FOOD If we can't get those same people into WA at harvest, very little harvest.

All I'm trying to tell you is the impending problem is bigger than tourism and travel. There is still time to fix it, but scomo better get his finger out.