PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2021, 09:46
Ollie Onion

Received 207 Likes on 69 Posts
Let me guess, you have been paid throughout? Economy in great shape my arse, I know many people who have lost everything as they were not privileged enough to work for an airline with an endless line of credit from the government. I ask you again, when we get as close to 100% vaccination as possible (what does that mean by the way, is it 80% or 73%) where too from then? Please answer that, are we opening borders, are we still locking down, are we allowing free travel for the vaccinated. WHEN Covid becomes endemic which it will what is the plan? Everyone else has realised that once Covid is in we have no choice but to live with it, the Governments own report even said that. Now I can see if you are sitting at home retired on the pension, or indeed working for Air NZ on full pay then lockdowns wouldn’t be a problem, that is not the reality for many people.

as for suicides, most countries in the world that used lockdowns have seen a dramatic rise in suicides and attempts in their young populations, here is an example: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pandemic.html

Our own PM is becoming increasingly concerned about our mental well-being, she spent 10 minutes of her press conference yesterday promoting various mental health resources…. Why, because they can see the trend and the toll this is taking on people.

get the jab and let’s get on with life,