PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to lay out roadmap for restart of international flights
Old 30th Aug 2021, 01:50
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere
Given there’s virtually zero flu around atm anyway it seems they can’t even handle an even better than ‘best case’ winter scenario.

From ABC News website 30/8/21
And you have the following from the Australian:
Covid-free but system at breaking point
WA will postpone about half of its elective surgeries from Wednesday despite its Covid-free status, amid fresh warnings the state’s health system would be overwhelmed *almost immediately in the event of a large-scale outbreak. Source
Guess there's the answer as to why McGowan has kept the border shut...It's not about Covid, it's about the health system he's overseen being unable to cope with standard needs, yet alone anything bigger and he's $hit scared of it collapsing if it does get in to WA...

I wonder if that makes the WA CHO guilty of Perjury, given he testified under oath in the Palmer trial the WA Health system is capable of managing a Covid Case load of 5,000 active cases with 500 of those in ICU? If they can't handle base-load elective surgeries, how can his assertion of being able to handle 5,000 Covid cases hold water? I mean, NSW has an active caseload of 16, 866 today and while I've no doubt it's straining the health system in the affected areas, I haven't seen any reports of NSW having to cancel elective surgeries....