PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2021, 22:57
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by highflyer40
No all it means is you Australians are a strange lot! 2 billion people are fully vaccinated. Another 2.5 billion have had their first dose.
People aren’t falling dead all over the globe after receiving their vaccine.
For you guys in the UK I'll try and put some perspective on it for you. The 20% population we are talking about are mostly our regional people, our primary producers, the nations food bowl, not only ours but yours too. The area has small communities of about 150 people spread over the length and width of the entire UK, these don't have hospitals and the nearest doctor can be 500km's away. We know that because of their isolation they are lower priority, so vaccines are redirected to higher priority zones and in some cases to another state. We know the virus will eventually arrive in their communities, so the vaccines must get there first. At the moment we simply don't have the vaccines and a limited number of delivery teams.

Some in our nation, those in the cities that don't understand the logistics involved, the ones that think Sydney is Australia, want to forge ahead anyway. Our regional communities don't think that way and nor do our leaders in those states. I hope that sheds some light on the magnitude of the problem, they are not antivaxers or protesters, they're all in the capitol cities, the same as yours.

When I commute between properties to move shearers an harvest teams around, its like flying from Dublin to Berlin, then back to London via Madrid, All those little communties are along those routes.

Last edited by Xeptu; 30th Aug 2021 at 00:10.