PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to lay out roadmap for restart of international flights
Old 28th Aug 2021, 09:56
dr dre

Received 350 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator

Nonetheless, the longer McGowan - and by extension WA as a whole, as evidenced by the likes of Xeptu - continues his Covid Zero ideology, the better the chance Qantas has of telling them to sod off and build up Darwin as the European gateway - especially if the Territory maintains sensible Covid restrictions.
Even when the NT Chief Minister has said he’d look at not opening up at 80% due the large amount of vulnerable in the NT? At this stage both areas look to hit 70/80% a few days apart, but the NT has a much higher indigenous population (30)% so there would be quite a reluctance for Gunner to “open up” at 80% I reckon. He’s still aiming for Covid Zero until he’s satisfied they are protected, so lockdown over one case and definite pause on NSW for a while after 80% I think. Queensland has a slightly higher Indigenous population than WA so they’d be in the same boat.

But it may not be that significant. At the moment the percentage of fully vaxxed people is increasing by just less than 1% a day. Meaning it’d only be about two weeks from 70 to 80%, and then a few weeks more to 90%, which where it’ll probably stall.

I honestly think at the speed at which it’s happening the differences between states “opening up”, or more correctly transitioning between Phases B, C and D is only going to be a matter of weeks.

Last edited by dr dre; 28th Aug 2021 at 10:17.