PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas $1.83 Billion Loss FY20/21
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2021, 13:10
DirectAnywhere

Received 146 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105
That's not correct. The Fair Work Ombudsman ruling on paid leave is quite clear;

Source
Yeah, so if I was getting paid an amount for a fortnight's annual leave that I opted to take when I was stood down, QF used the 1500 reducing to 1200 then 1000 to subsidise that and had to pay me the rest, so they saved up to $1500 for the fortnight. That's an employee entitlement which the company has to fund anyway so the government subsidised my leave.

If I was at work, QF kept the money and used it to subsidise my salary as my salary was in excess of Jobkeeper.

If I took no leave and was on stand down I got the full amount and QF got nothing.

Jobkeeper was a massive fillip to employers as they kept most of it, unless their staff were on unpaid stand down in which case it was handed directly to the employee via payroll. Provided they had the cash, the best outcome for employers at the time was that staff were stood down but taking their leave to supplement their income as they were getting vast quantities of leave liabilities off the books subsidised heavily by the federal government. Nice work if you can get it.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 26th Aug 2021 at 13:23.