PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'The U.S.A has your back'...what does that mean?
Old 26th Aug 2021, 06:00
highflyer40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
Some of you folks would do better if you used much smaller brushes when you go to painting other folks.

Please also slow down and consider that you are talking about a government under the control of a less than popularly elected President.

Many of us do not care for him, his agenda, his ability or his fitness for office....and we damn sure do not approve of this debacle we see going on in Afghanistan.

The US Military exactly as the British Military receives its orders from a singular command authority and does its best to carry out those orders...even if they do not agree with them or approve of them.....that is just how it goes.

We see a monumental failure going on....point your finger where you wish....but do so in a manner that only the culpable are your targets.

Our Troops are carrying out the mission they were assigned on very short notice....under the Rules of Engagement and limitations placed upon them by their Command Authority.....in our system.....the President.....in this case.....Joe Biden.

Our Joint Chiefs are advisors.....not Commanders....that authority falls to the Operational Commanders.

I pray that one day the actual truth comes out that genuinely informs us of how this all came to be....and why so m any are going to suffer so badly because of all of this.

I am a Vietnam Veteran....and my Heart breaks for all of those who have fought and paid such a dear price for that service in Afghanistan....from all the Militaries that served there.

This is not the way it should have ended. We can debate why and how it began....but that is irrelevant today. How it is ending is what we should focus upon.

Just as Vietnam Veterans worked to ensure no other generation of Veteran should be treated as we were.....I also encourage Iraq and Aftghanistan Veterans to stand tall and be proud of their service during very difficult times....again....from all of the Militaries that have served in those Wars.

They did us all proud by their service....and have set the standard for those that shall follow them in the future.

Damn the politicians all you want....they deserve it....but do not sully those who bearded the Dragon in his Den....that just is not acceptable and should be chastised whenever encountered.

As long as we let old men send young men off to die in Wars of their making.....with no danger to themselves....we shall. continue to see such sad outcomes.

Joe Biden with fifty years in politics and a reputation for no grasp of foreign policy and a proven record of not caring for promises made to those who stand with us.....is the exact wrong Man in the wrong Office at exactly the wrong time.

He turned his back on the Vietnamese when that happened and now we see him doing the same thing to the Afghans.

I hope every person that voted for him or thought him the right person for the most powerful Office in the World.....looks themselves in the mirror every morning and thinks about that when they speak of the tragedy unfolding for Tens of Thousands of people....Men, Women, and Children.....in Afghanistan.

You were wrong then....and you are wrong today if you refuse to admit that to yourself.

Joe Biden and his Radical Ideologues in his Administration are destroying the Country and bringing immeasurable hardships upon its People.....the World has Three and a Half more Years to suffer through this Administration.

A lot of you asked for it.....now you got it....I hope you enjoy it.....because all of us are going to be paying for it some way or another .

We shall, just as assuredly as the people of Afghanistan are going to be doing as a result of Joe Biden's decisions.
Your president got more votes than any president in American history. I’d say that makes him pretty popular.