PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'The U.S.A has your back'...what does that mean?
Old 25th Aug 2021, 20:20
XXmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an American, I can tell you we were going to leave Afghanistan all along, and should have left a decade ago. No way we could win with Pakistan harboring the insurgents within their so called "tribal" areas. The stupidity is how much we assumed the Afghans would fight the Taliban on their own. It is remarkable how quickly they laid down their arms and ran away. So if there was "cutting and running", it certainly was the Afghans. We simply could not, and, cannot believe how utterly useless they are at fighting or how short sighted we were at thinking that they would actually fight. Now, the ONLY thing I care about is the 10 to 15 thousand Americans trapped there. Having been emergency evacuated from Sanaa Yemen in the 1994 civil war, I can only tell you that American evacuation policy is horrible toward Americans and favorable to local nationals that "helped" U.S. interests. Its all just another American screw up and it matters not what political party is in power in the U.S..

Saying goes...."lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". Without the will to fight, not a damn thing can be done. We can't stay there forever sucking trillion's out of us. This is not all Biden's fault. The stupidity of our divided government arguing against itself like proud fools is destroying us. If it hasn't already.

Yes and Taiwan and Japan and the Philippines...etc..etc... Unlike Hong Kong, we don't have the excuse, "our lease is up". We will have to fight or disappear onto the "ash-heap" of history.

Last edited by XXmet; 26th Aug 2021 at 04:06.