PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Doing Fine.
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 16:33
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
d_concord

Anyway, enough of this, the truth is out and it's up to AOPA to go forward, Fix the problems which they won't do by denial, however as can be seen, they are their own worst enemy so let's not hold our breath.
May I suggest that your version of the truth is not even close and your sources disingenuous.

You may if you care to read it, find the Dec AOPA in a mailbox near you this week, instructive.

Coupla simple things you need some instruction on.

There was not then or at any time a so called "conflict of interest".

I did not apply for the position, it was not advertised.

It was the subject of an executive search by a world class executive search firm.

I was invited to interview and both the Pres and other VP were advised as a matter of principle before I accepted.

The list was supposed to be and has since remained highly confidential except for my name which was made public here within 48 hours????

In the end they found exactly the right man.

I was advised that the search was concluded the preferred candidate identified and final negotiations were taking place in late August, some weeks before the "notice of motion to disallow" was gained and way before the Regs 1988 issue was brought to a head on the 27th October.
The appointment could not be made before the Civil Aviation Amendment Act 2003 was passed which also contained the new softer enforcement regime whose operation also required the Regs 19898 to be in effect.

Read the Ministers Letter in the AOPA mag, there are two serious wins for AOPA in it and a demonstration of why it was pivotal to the working of the new Act.

There are still a couple of Board members backed by a huge majority of about 3 or 4 other members who continue to try and destabilise AOPA and have been doing so since the last election, in the interests of "members rights". Well I guess the members, as they should, will decide at the next election whether they agree with them or not.

There is a great deal made of the so called calamitous end of GA as we know it, as a result of AOPA's "rolling over" on "strict liability" by "allowing" the Regs 1988 amendment to pass, all of course as a result of my personal intervention.
The same sort of tabloid journalism and PR that we complain about here so often.
"Airliner death plunge" after there is a routine inflight shutdown.

Gets attention drives the troops onto the guns but does not want to go near the facts.
I am vaguely flattered that there are some who ascribe such powerful influence and personality to me, that I am able to singlehandedly deceive and manipulate AOPA, the Government, CASA and the Dems.

I can only refer you to Creampuffs post on this issue which gives the lie to some of the fatuous statements made around here on it.

There is another Director of AOPA who previously held a much more senior position than now, who had aspirations to employment as the Deputy Director of CASA, which was advertised, whom it appears did not have any issues of conflict at the time.

But then I've been around here long enough to understand that the truth is not important to the many who cover themselves in self righteousness for a cause for the same reason that the wolf wears a sheepskin.

There will always be some who play the old cowards castle game of asserting a certain thing then threatening to sue any one who says otherwise. There is an inevitable result of that.

You will not find me doing so, I do not need to, I am well enough know around these parts for a good many years for most to be able to work out whats what and what isn't.

I have had many a puzzled call from people who know me well, trying to reconcile the evil person being portrayed with the one that they actually know. They are not disappointed.

I hear tell that the residents of a loony bin near you are rioting, they have either stopped taking their medication or are finding that their peculiar version of "free speech" actually does carry responsibilities and has come back to bite them.

AOPA is NOT gridlocked and is going forward even more strongly and is doing just fine thank you.