PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 02:19
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
So the question to you, Xeptu is when would you, personally, be comfortable opening the WA border to NSW/Vic? Because, from where I sit in NSW, I'll have the opportunity to fly to Bali before I can get to Bunbury...And if McGowan won't reopen the border to NSW because of the risk, I dare say there's not a snowballs chance he'll reopen it internationally!
So the question is to me personally ok and so my answer is my personal opinion at this time. Firstly Bali no longer exists, there would be no point going there even if you wanted to, probably for at least the next couple of years. WA opens and closes its borders to those states and territories dependant on both risk assessment and management. The border hasn't remained permanently shut.

Before WA opens it's border to NSW or VIC, firstly I would expect most if not all west australians to have been vaccinated as would be those intending to enter the state. There will still be requirements such as mask wearing in public places where people in any numbers would be. Random testing can be expected in the larger work places. I would expect a close monitoring of Europe and Israel to see what their longer term experience is.

I wouldn't expect to see these thresholds achieved and therefore border restrictions or closure much before mid 2022

I would expect west australians along with all the other largely unaffected states and territories to be comfortable with that expectation for at least another 12 months yet.

Last edited by Xeptu; 22nd Aug 2021 at 02:31. Reason: Extended