PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2021, 13:29
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in. Given that there are no airlines (to my knowledge) lining up for lounge space at LGW North, you'd think it makes more sense financially to leave it as it is/was. That said, the situation RE. VS returning to LGW has been up in the clouds for the last 15 months, so I can see the case for clearing the space for another carrier further down the line if VS throw the towel in and sell all their LGW slots. The question is though, who would take over the space, be it current or future operator? JetBlue won't be investing in a lounge and the same goes for the upcoming Norse Atlantic operation. BA already have their lounges in the South terminal and will move back ASAP once the terminal reopens, along with all other airlines usually based there (FR, W6, EI, TK to name a few). No doubt LGW are in constant discussions with VS and will bend over backwards to get the leisure network back, (as well as other long haul carriers that have recently consolidated at LHR). Who knows, maybe there is some truth to Stewart Wingate's words. I hope so, as I said in my earlier post, I would absolutely love to see VS back at LGW, it really is a pleasure to fly from and GIP have poured £££££ into the place since they took over from BAA.