PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Tornado GR1 cockpit project so far
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2021, 20:56
1Stacker

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IamSpartacus
Quite s lot of success in the last month or so. Found a German eBayer supplying DZUS rail at a decent price. Far far cheaper than some aircraft grade stuff I bought years ago. Now have all side panels from front and rear seats neay laid out. Was also able to cheaply buy a HUD body Nd control panel separately. The HUD body doesn't have the frame for the holographic glass ... But that's not a prob as I don't need the glass. I'll 3D print up the frame. Will post some snaps tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. If anyone has a closeup of the engine start panel (above the throttles) I'd write like to see it as I'm just finishing that now and need to know what kind of lamps the RUN and CANCEL lights are.

Is DZUS rail a standard size? Would you know the distance between centres that the Tornado uses if not as I might be able to use that to determine the size of some of the panels in the sides.

I'm making a cockpit for the X-Plane 11 simulator, I've finished the Combined Surfaces Indicator (except for the lighting) and have nearly finished the engine start panel and have the CWP, Fuel gauge and V/UHF radio in various stages of manufacture.

When I have ten posts I can put some pictures up.