PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots threatened with AWARD wages
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2021, 11:38
Colonel_Klink

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
VA I’m sure are not at a point where FWA would get involved or even make any kind of determination. Ours has been going for over 3 yrs without FWA even been thought of. You guys have been negotiating for all of 5minutes and think FWA are going to automatically determine an outcome.
So you’re not part of the Virgin Narrow Body operation, but you’re happy to pontificate on what the FWA (sic) will do.

Virgin negotiations have been going on slightly longer than 5 minutes. Since August 2019 in fact.

And maybe we will go with what the AFAP have been saying - considered legal advice and multiple updates on the risks of a No vote.

If you think that Virgin pilots will end up on the award - then you’re as ignorant as those trying to drive a no vote through this rhetoric.

As multiple posters have stated - the threat isn’t the award. It’s the that if any sort of arbitration was to end up at the Fair Work COMMISSION, then they will compare what the Company is offering to the Award. The employees will lose any sort of bargaining power and the deal will almost certainly get worse.

What’s on offer is $200k, 57.5 hours OT trigger and 12/13 days off in 4 weeks.

Some of the other parts of the deal are pretty ordinary. But so is 18 months into a pandemic with no clear end in sight.

So I will take the deal on offer knowing that if I fly 70 hours, I get paid the same, and when things get busy, I’ve got more time off.