PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2021, 11:49
The The

Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MelbourneFlyer
Well if I was running an airline and could save at least $100m per year by moving to outsourced contract staff, which is a model that works around the world and which has been proven to be more efficient than having your own employees who are notorious as a group for over-crewing and feather-bedding, sleeping open the job, milking the rosters to maximise penalties and overtime etc, then yes, that's exactly what I would do, and any CEO who would not do this doesn't deserve to be CEO in the first place. But it sounds to me like you're just another overly critical 'armchair airline CEO' who can't take an objective view of anything because your established prejudice gets colours your worldview.
Outsourcing such a large portion of the workforce is nothing more than an affirmation of the failure of management and leadership. Inspired leaders take their workers on a journey to success, where slackness, milking, rorting etc are not part of the vocabulary. If that stuff creeps in, then it is a failure of management, not the workers, and management are the one's who should be replaced. Outsourcing is for technical skills, technology or capital beyond the ability of the organisation, not for lazy or inept management. Outsourcing to such an extent is fraught with danger for an organisation, loss of direct control, reliability, cost creep etc etc.